Psychotherapy at Fresh Mind Therapy
What is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is the term used to describe the process during which a trained psychotherapist helps you overcome an emotional problem or illness through discussion.
A psychotherapy session will therefore involve talking about and exploring your feelings, past memories and experiences. The aim of this process is to empower clients to gain control over their problems.
- Different techniques used in psychotherapy:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Person-centred Therapy (PCT)
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
What happens in a Fresh Mind Therapy session?
At Fresh Mind Therapy, our sessions provide a safe and neutral environment, away from your everyday life, in which to examine and overcome your problems.
Sessions will generally take place at the same time and place each week and will last 50 minutes.
Psychotherapy can employ a wide range of techniques however our therapists will use only those deemed most appropriate for you and your problem.
For information about our psychotherapists click here.
What issues can psychotherapy help with?
Psychotherapy can effectively treat a number of emotional problems:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Sex and sexual issues
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Stress and work-related issues
- Low self-esteem
Call us now or book online to make an appointment for a psychotherapy assessment. You can also click on the links above for more information about specific issues.