Help and Support for Adolescents
What’s special about psychotherapy for teenagers and what can it help with?
Adolescent psychotherapy refers to a variety of techniques and methods used to help children and adolescents who are experiencing problems with their emotions or behaviour.
At Fresh Mind Therapy, we understand that at this key stage in their lives, adolescents have unique needs and can struggle to find make them known to others. We therefore tailor our sessions to address those needs in the most comfortable way possible. This type of psychotherapy may involve an individual child, a group of children, a family, or multiple families.
Potential mental health issues in adolescents:
- Stress management
- Parental divorce
- Eating disorders e.g. excessive dieting, overeating, and purging. See also ‘Eating Disorders’.
- Sleep problems
- Adolescent Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (AADHD)
- Low self-confidence
- Alcohol and substance abuse
- Anger problems
What will I gain from therapy sessions?
- A safe environment for you to discuss your feelings and explore current issues
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved communication skills and relationships with others
- Help learning and applying stress and anxiety management skills
- Help to overcome anger problems and relationship issues
If you would like help or if you are seeking help for your teenager, contact us now here.