Fresh thinking with our new look New Fresh Mind Therapy
Spring is finally here!
And if you’re reading this blog right now, you’ll be aware that at Fresh Mind Therapy we’ve been growing and flourishing ourselves! For a start we’ve changed our name from ‘Healthy Mind for a Healthy Life’ to ‘Fresh Mind Therapy.’ We feel that this name better reflects the swift and effective psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and counselling results we have had with our clients since we first opened in 2007. It is also a chance for us to introduce you to our growing team of psychotherapists and counsellors, provide increased therapy session availability and detail the range of therapeutic approaches on offer. Let us know what you think! We look forward to hearing from you.
Spring thinking – what mental health habits can we create, now the sun is out?
For so many of us, winter is the time to really button down the hatchets and hibernate. It can also be a time fraught with family tension around Christmas making us feel stagnant and longing for the spring. So what mental health habits can we change or create when the season of joy finally comes around?
- Career focus – after the often quiet beginning to the year, many of us are now in full pelt at work and being far more creative than in the latest winter months. Balance can then become a challenge as self-doubt, stress and workaholism can gradually creep in, using up a lot of spring energy. Find the time each week (diarise it if you need to!) for self-care and ‘self-review’ asking yourself – how is it all going? and are you happy with the direction you’re heading in?
- Home focus – the old adage of a ‘spring clean’ can be applied to the mind as well! While traditionally we consider the state of our homes around this time, why not consider our mental health needs? Do you need to spring-clean your mind from negative thought-patterns and behaviours? What are the negative beliefs holding you back this year?
- Health focus – January always seems to encourage a rush to the gym as we struggle to regain fitness after Christmas indulgence. So many of us however drop our exercise habits by about now and meander between activity and lethargy trying to find a routine. Since it’s spring, why not try a new form of fitness or body movement? Trying something you have never done before really helps to change your perspective and re-motivate you.
Fresh therapy website
In tune with the spring vibe, we are very pleased to present our brand new therapy website! With the help of Barry Reynolds at Reynolds Digital, we now have a site which points you swiftly and directly to the information you need. Have a look around and let us know if there is anything specific you’d like to see up there.
- Get straight to the help you need – We’ve made our site super-navigable. You can search a mental health condition or ailment to find out how it may be affecting your life or you can learn how psychotherapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) could help you effectively overcome it, without searching through hundreds of web pages
- Helpful Blog – Each month we’ll be blogging Fresh Mind therapy’s effective and easy-to-do tips for keeping a healthy peace of mind in the face of a range of mental health problems from work addiction and stress through to relationship problems and low self-esteem. There’ll also be discussion of some of the latest studies and events on Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT) and psychotherapy to keep you up-to-date with how your chosen treatment is evolving and improving on a monthly basis in the UK
- Easy Contact – We know there’s nothing more frustrating than not being able to easily get in touch. Make enquiries swiftly and easily with our online form or give us a call to one direct number. We endeavour to respond quickly and give you the guidance you need
For every day convenience, this year we will be practising in a new venue – 58 South Molton Street as well as at our Harley Street Clinic. The South Molton Street clinic opened only last year and is situated conveniently near Bond Street in the centre of town- easily accessible by Central and Jubilee underground lines. We look forward to seeing you there!
Fresh thinking for our clients
At Fresh Mind Therapy we have many years experience empowering our clients to address their mental health issues and make lasting changes with confidence and the right level of support. We specialise in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) which provides swift results through building key awareness about behavioural patterns and practical actions applicable immediately in every day situations. Dr. Shabnam Hariri Psy.D, director of the the Fresh Mind clinic has this to say:
‘We are confident we can help you make positive, lasting changes in as little time as a just a few sessions. We continue to see fantastic results with CBT knowing that each applied technique helps our clients get to a place of ease, calm and contentment.’
We hope you find this blog and the Fresh Mind site useful. If you have any queries or suggestions, please get in touch here. We look forward to hearing from you.